Sunday, February 19, 2012

Nesting, Smocking, and Other Maternal Pursuits

Yesterday marked my 38th week. Over the past several weeks, I have spent time making sure that everything is set up and in its place in anticipation of LE's arrival. I've been cleaning the house, washing clothes, towels, blankets, and linens, and just generally trying to keep things arranged in some sort of order.

In addition to that, my friend, Julie, asked me if I was interested in taking a smocking class with her at The Smock.ing B.ird. My family and most of my friends know that I LOVE cross-stitch, so this seemed like a good way to extend my needlework abilities. Plus, I had previously learned to smock during a summer class WAY back in 8th grade, but I didn't remember much of it. I thought this might jog my memory.

Over the three night classes, I learned some general geometric stitches. I started smocking a white bishop day gown with a dark and light pink design for LE. and finished it a few days after the last class.

Full Design

Closer View

Detail

The gown is currently at the store being put together and I've started a new day gown in mint green with a white and pink design. I want to take the stacking class on the 29th of this month so I can learn to make all the little figures like boats, trees, bunnies, and such. Of course, this is all dependent upon when LE decides to arrive. I also want to take the bishop construction class, but I have a feeling I will have to wait awhile for that one since the next class is in March and I have a feeling that my hands will be EXTREMELY full at that time! So, I guess I'll tackle that one at a later date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very domestic and maternal !!!!!!
love
Bamma