Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Family" Means Many Different Things

This past Thursday, my second family--my friends and colleagues at school--had a baby shower for me. For the past fourteen (!) years, these folks have been a major part of my life, and, as my principal puts it, we truly ARE a family. I am so grateful to all of them for the wonderful afternoon and the gracious gifts I received. I CANNOT WAIT for LE to get here so that I can introduce her to them all!

Everything was so nice and the food was DELICIOUS! We LOVE food at school, so when we have a party, we go all out! I could not have asked for a better afternoon to share with my friends and I'm glad that my mother was able to be there too.

DELICIOUS cake
(And I loved seeing LE's initials on it)

Wonderful gifts from my friends and colleagues

I'm so glad so many people were able to be there!

A typical look between mother and daughter
(I'm sure that this will come back on me in years to come!)

I can't remember what made me laugh so hard that I lost my breath, which, in turn, made me gasp for air, snort (!), cry from laughing even harder, and then be MORTIFIED that I had made such a gaff! (Hence, my face, neck and chest turned bright red as a result.)

I had such a wonderful time and I thank everyone who helped plan the shower and all those who attended for such a lovely party! Love my extended family!

No comments: