Sunday, October 24, 2010

Birthday Dinner

One of my friends from college, who now lives in Charles.ton, came into town to celebrate her birthday. She had let me know a few weeks in advance that she would be here and that she would like for me to join her and several others for dinner to celebrate her 40th birthday.

So, last night, in the middle of the Ala.bama/Ten.nessee football game, I went to meet her for dinner. Fortunately for me, she wanted to see the game too, so we ended up eating in the bar of a restaurant in Cahaba Heights called Satterfield's. It turned out to be only four of us for dinner, but that was fine. The food was VERY good and the wine was even better. Ashlea and I figured out that we haven't seen each other in probably 13 years and, to me, she still looks the same as she did in college.

It was great to see her and catch up. We laughed about people we remembered and things we did and saw while we were in college. We talked about what we've been up to since we last saw each other and rekindled our friendship. I hope that we are able to get together again before another 13 years have passed! Maybe I'll even head up to Charles.ton for a visit!

Happy Birthday, Ashlea!

No comments: