Saturday, July 25, 2009

My "Aww-Summ" Sister

Being over seven hours--and many hundreds of miles--away from my sister and her family has caused all of us to use the sometimes limited abilities beyond the phone to communicate. Enter Blogging! Since Sue started her blog awhile ago, I have been able to keep up with the goings on in Indiana and see the great pictures of her family...including my precious nephew. While it is no substitute for the real thing, it has given me a whole new appreciation for what "family" truly means.

All that to say that Sue tagged me as one of "7 fellow bloggers that [she] think[s] [is] Aww-Summ." I am supposed to list 7 things that I think make me "Aww-Summ" and then tag 7 other people. So here goes:
  1. My parents--without whom I would not be here nor come as far as I have.
  2. My husband--who despite my fussing brings out the best in me.
  3. Teaching--I have found what I love to do and, while I am currently VERY happy to be out for the summer, I'm excited to get up and go to school each day.
  4. My friends--both "veteran" and relatively new who build me up and support me no matter what path I choose (and sometimes have to help pick me up and dust me off when I make a huge mistake).
  5. My siblings--I am truly blessed to have a sister and brother with whom I can share memories of our family, whom I love dearly, and who I am proud to say are my friends.
  6. My "bestest" friend on this planet--Cynthia--who, while I don't get to see her as often as either of us would like, has known me and loved me for 35 years (and vice versa).
  7. My precious nephew (and soon to be "new baby")--who has shown me just how wonderful "little people" can be and how excited they get when experiencing EVERYTHING.
So, those are my "7 Aww-Summ" things! And now, I'll tag 7 others to do the same!
  1. Cynthia
  2. Laura M.
  3. Leslie N.
  4. Christa
  5. Jennifer
  6. Susan
  7. Sue

No comments: