Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pure Joy

Ken and I took Lola with us to LBF this past weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any good pictures of her swimming. She found the pool when we arrived Friday night and was in HEAVEN! When she got up Saturday morning, she immediately wanted to go swimming again, so back into the pool she went. She swam so hard and so long Saturday that she whimpered and moaned until about 1:00 A.M. because she was so uncomfortable--she couldn't wag or even lift her tail! (Fortunately, she was on the ground floor--and Ken was with her--so my parents didn't hear her.) She swam a little more Sunday, just to loosen her muscles up a little, but she really did more splashing with her paws than anything. Lola always looks like she is having the best time when she's in the water--there is a look of pure joy on her face!

Next time, I'll try to do a better job with my photography and get some pictures.

(I found out from my friend, Julie, today that Lola was suffering from "limp tail syndrome" and that her Lab, Jake, gets it when he swims too hard. She was glad to know that he was not the only dog to do that.)

No comments: