Sunday, January 29, 2012

Babies, Booties, Blankets, and Bibs

My sweet friends, Cynthia, Emily, Melissa, and Jessica, graciously offered to host a baby shower for me two weeks ago. It was such a beautiful day and I am thankful for all of my family and friends who were able to attend.

The shower was at Emily's house, conveniently located right next door, so there were no travel snafus to deal with. I arrived a few minutes early to be able to visit with the hostesses and take a few pictures before the party got underway. (Unfortunately, Jessica and her mother, Kathie, weren't able to be there due to the fact that Jessica's bridesmaids' luncheon was scheduled for the same time.)

The flowers were beautiful and the food was delicious!

Cynthia, Me, Melissa, and Emily

Mom and Me
(I hope I'm just like her--in all ways--when I grow up!)

Mom and Cynthia
(C and I have known each other since we were 2, so she's like a sister to me.)

Jackie and her sister Judy
(So glad they were both here for the celebration!)

Julie, Haley, and Tyler

Melissa and Jane

Tricia, MAV, Kelly, and Nan

Members of the HC--Suzanne, Mom, and Marion
(Tish and her daughter, Amanda, were there too, but somehow we failed to get a picture of them.)

Sue graciously agreed to be my scribe as I opened the gifts.

Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family, I received so many wonderful gifts, I can't possibly chronicle them all on this blog. Suffice it to say that I am so pleased to have baby clothes, bedding, and a multitude of other things ready and waiting for LE's arrival and extremely thankful to everyone.

I do have to share a picture of one very special gift. Before I was born, Gran, my mother's mother, announced that my silver pattern was going to be Chantilly, because she intended for me to inherit her silver pattern. Suffice it to say, LE's Bamma (my mother) "announced" through her gift that LE's silver pattern will be Chantilly as well. I love family traditions!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun event and you were showered abundantly by family and friends.
love
Bamma